Saturday, August 7, 2010

Avocados

Why in the supermarket on Broadway are they 2 for $5.00 and down the block at the street vendor or in the green grocer they are a dollar a piece ?  I met one of my dearest friends today and this was one of the first things we discussed ! Must be the high rent in the supermarket.
Any way I can't get enough of them lately. I love eating them sliced on any kind of sandwich and in salads.
They have the "good'' kind of fat also, so awesome.

Short-cut Guacamole recipe-  get your favorite jar of salsa , a lime and scoop out the avocado in a bowl, mash - and there you have it folks. I learned that from Edna ! Thank you, Edna.

Avocados have nearly 20 vitamins, minerals and Phytonutrients !

Pour on that extra virgin olive oil "product from Italy" only... and now that is some healthy fattening stuff.
Yum !

No comments:

Post a Comment