Sunday, August 22, 2010

WHITE

I was walking down the street in NYC listening to the Beatles White Album and noticed three women in front of me wearing white capri pants. I can't imagine wearing white capri pants in NYC, so I think they must be tourists. The last time I owned a pair of white pants was in the 1980's. They were these great jacquard carpenter pants. A rare find, and were ruined in the wash when a red lipstick was left in the pocket. I was very upset.


White pants and skirts are a suburban thing to me.. Worn with topsiders, gold sandals, Fit Flops, the natural tone shoe and the infamous espadrille.


I love a white t shirt or tank top with blue jeans. Dress it up or down. Choose your shoes. Layer a top over or under it. Wear a low belt around your hips over a long white top. The white collared shirt... grab it and go. Accessorize(or not!).


White lace is a class in by itself, and can be it's own separate post. All I am saying here is espadrilles are ok and skirts and well....


Designers play it safe with white. The little white dress never goes out of style. Accessorize to the max(or not!). Spring white will always be accented with colors. Looks good to me with shell pink, of course all shades of grey and soft colors like baby blue. White glistens with silver. 


Red, white and black ...  remains a classic.


White is a basic canvas to start any artistic idea.


Back to the Beatles.. My daughter and I love Ringo the best. It is the equilibrium I believe drummers have. The way they are not the main focus of the group has always interested me. Their arms are amazing. The White Album is the first of the Beatles albums that attracted me.





























No comments:

Post a Comment