Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Skaters in Central Park

I am  going to see them today. My friend Gail's husband Steve skates like a butterfly.
Last time I tried skating I wound up in a bush !
~More Later~

Wow, I forgot how much fun it is to go to the roller skating circle in Central Park.

I scootered through the 72nd St. entrance past Strawberry Fields and took a peek at the "Imagine" memorial to John Lennon on the way.

The skaters are so amazing and whatever is going on in the rest of the world you can tell gets left out side the circle.
They are all ages, races, and come from all backgrounds. It is so peaceful . If the world could live this harmoniously and peaceful everything would be alright. The DJs jam. You can dance, watch, and it is a beautiful thing.
The skaters are so talented and make it look so easy . They are so proud of themselves and it is fantastic.

Today I was dancing because I didn't have skates and met Joanne Duncan-Carnesciali who was using her Kangoo Jumps instead of her skates. She took them off her feet had me put them on and gave me lessons right there. WHAT FUN ! That was me in he circle on those Kangoo Jumps dancing away.
Everyone was friendly , happy and smiling .

Check out Joanne's website .. She teaches around the city..

Oh, and Steve brought me his homemade fried chicken !!

 Http://www.focusedwellness.com

No comments:

Post a Comment