Thursday, August 12, 2010

Purple Haze ☯ Deep Purple

Eggplant.. Aubergine, grape, violet, lilac, lavender, Hydrangea~
All from Nature,


I might just faint from the beauty.


Eggplant is the deepest of purples, I saute It with the richest green olive oil from Italy I can find. green...


Aubergine another word for eggplant. I feel a touch redder when I think of it though.


Grape you can't just eat one. Are grapes really purple? They are in the red family that makes me think of wine. Everyone knows grapes are green... Grape juice is the such a beautiful dark clear purple. Chill it and have it cold.


Violet en Vogue. red violet , blue violet, even ultra electric, take your pick. The violet flower's pedals are so soft to the touch, but the rich color is bursting with passion.


Lilac just the smell alone. Should I eat it or pour it on myself ? Actually in the olive family, arranges itself gorgeously. Lilacs vary in purples, from the lightest to a fresh medium. I love the smell. It is so strong. I wonder if it has a beating heart ?



Hydrangea  I grew up in a town where hydrangeas were growing rampantly. At least that is what I thought. Until I see one now and I say "Oh Hydrangeas!" They remind me of my childhood. I've painted pictures of the weightless petals growing in bunches, all different shades of purples and sometimes blue and green.. but the dense,weightless Purple puffs !


Lavender the herbal tranquil scent makes me in a sleepy haze. I love it in beauty products and sachets. It grows straight up and proud of all it accomplishes with it's tiny bud's. The perfect purple. It's the way it should be.


Of course I love these colors with natural shades like sand, glass, pewter, tans, and greys, from the deepest browns to the lightest shades of stone.
However~


ALL SHADES OF GREEN ~naturally~ take it away for ME when it comes to mixing purple up, even neon and chartreuse...but all PURPLE mentioned above has green naturally growing out of it and that says it all for me. Every green goes with purple.


Also, my daughter has been loving purple all year !!! Yes, purple has been on my mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment